Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is an option that relives you of the financial responsibility if the rental car is damaged, stolen, or vandalized. It can be added to your vehicle rental agreement when you come in to pick up your vehicle for a small fee.
LDW Rental Tips
- If you’re renting for personal use, it’s still highly recommended to pick up this option to better cover yourself. Many policies do cover rental car, so it’s best to check your insurance policy before you pick your rental car. The same goes with credit cards. Credit cards can provide adequate coverage.
- If you’re renting for business, check with your company’s travel manager to see if the company provides coverage in the event of loss.
- If you’re renting through a travel agency/website, take a look and see if they offer protections. Chances are there will limitations, so read your policy carefully.
For rates and more information on LDW, as well as additional coverage, please call 780-448-2000.
Latest posts by Andy Schichter (see all)
- Win Tickets to the International Children’s Festival - May 17, 2013
- All About Fleet Management - March 18, 2013
- Get Some Peace of Mind for Your Next Car Rental With LDW - January 30, 2013